Looking for a cheap boredom buster for the kids? Why not Make your own Play Dough, it’s so easy and give the kids will love it.
Making your own Play dough is super easy, the kid can even help and it the perfect sensory play activity the family can enjoy indoors especially on rainy days!
This Play Dough Recipe is suitable for kids of all ages.
- 2 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Salt
- 6 tsp of lemon juice
- 6 Tablespoons of Oil
- 1 Cup of water
- Various Different Colours of Food Colouring
These ingredients will give you a good batch, so you can divide into many different colours, if you want to make a smaller batch just half the quantities.
What to Do:
- Put the Flour and Salt in a bowl and mix
- Next add the Lemon Juice, oil and water and mix well
- Don’t worry if it’s really wet as it will dry out
- Divide into how many different colours you want to make and add a few drops of the food colouring kneed it in until you get the colour you want
- Now you’re ready to PLAY!
Remember once your finished playing if you store it in an air tight container or zipper freezer bag it will be fine to play with for another day. You can also keep it in the fridge if you want, but we find the cupboard works just the same.
If you want to make something a little bit different you could add some shiny glitter, or scented oil to make it smell beautiful!