This week from 15th until 23rd September is National Eczema Week and the National Eczema Society are urging everyone to ‘Take action on eczema’.
The charity believes many people aren’t managing their eczema as well as they could and as a little nudge they have offered some top tips in things that sufferers could do to help see some improvements!
Eczema is a highly personal condition and people respond differently to triggers and treatments. Sometimes you need to try a few things before finding what works best for you.
To Help Here are Seven Top Tips:
- Keep your home cool to ease itching – around 18°C is ideal.
- Go fragrance-free. Anything with a strong scent, from soap to air freshener, may be irritating to your skin.
- Mind the gap! Leave at least 10 minutes – or ideally longer – between applying an emollient and a topical steroid. This stops the steroid spreading to areas of skin unaffected by eczema or being diluted. It doesn’t matter which is applied first.
- Pinch itchy skin rather than scratching it, to avoid damaging the skin’s barrier.
- Use your emollients at least twice a day to prevent dryness, and at other times whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- Go back to basics on skincare. Check with a healthcare professional for advice to make sure you’re applying your creams properly and managing your eczema triggers as best you can.
- Don’t cut foods out of your diet without medical advice unless you or your child have been diagnosed with a food allergy. If you cut foods without support, you/they may miss out on important nutrients.
About the National Eczema Society
Hope these tips are helpful
Read How a Pembrokeshire Dad has been sent to Prison for his Child Not Attending School Here
Cinema trips can get expensive, but we have listed all the Cinema Tickets that are Discounts or FREE in West Wales Here to take off the pressure
Have you Entered our Latest Competition yet? - Click Here to Enter for Free