In Celebration of World Baking Day on 17th May 2019 we have been in the kitchen creating some yummy Vanilla and Cherry unicorn cupcakes with the kids and thought we would share the recipe with you, so you can make it with your family.
These cakes look and taste yummy and are super easy to make you will need
Ingredients for cupcakes
- 3 Large Eggs
- 175g Unsalted butter
- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 175g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Unicorn Sprinkletti Mix (Or any Sprinkles you want)
Ingredients for Icing
- 600g Sifted Icing Sugar
- 300g unsalted butter
- 4 / 5 drops of Cherry Flavouring
- Pink Colouring
- Sky Blue Colouring
- Purple Colouring
- Put the unsalted butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and mix together using an electric hand-held whisk until you have a light and smooth creamy mixture.
- Place your cupcake cases onto a baking tray and then evenly scoop the cake mixture into the cupcake cases. This mixture should make at least 12 cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven at 180 °C / Gas Mark 4 for 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure they have risen and are firm to touch then place on a wire rack to cool
- To make the icing to go on top of the cupcakes beat the sifted icing sugar and unsalted butter together. Then add in the flavouring mix in and then add your colouring until you get to the colour you want. We made 3 colours, so you need to repeat this for each colour
- Once the cupcakes are cool enough cut out a whole in the top of the cake and pour in sprinkles, then place cake onto of the sprinkles ready for the icing
- We have made three different colour icing and placed them into a bag each then placed those three bags into one large one before piping swirls onto the top of the cupcakes, so it comes out looking multi coloured.
Hope you Enjoy your Vanilla and Cherry Unicorn Cupcakes as much as we did!