Neath Port Talbot Waste and Recycling Centres Re-Open
All Neath Port Talbot Waste and Recycling Centres have been closed since March 24th 2020 and when they re-open on Tuesday 26th May, it will be with significant safety measures in place and we have all the info you need to know about them and the Booking System you will have to use.
It will not be business as usual when the Waste and Recycling Centres open again across Neath Port Talbot and you will not be able to just turn up to use the facilities as all visitors will have to pre-book a slot and follow a number of restrictions and guidelines to ensure that social distancing and good hygiene is observed at all times.
The introduction of a booking system is so to make sure that the facilities are used in a safe manner for staff and the public while remaining fair for all households in Neath Port Talbot.
The Booking System
The booking system you will need to secure your space on will open from 9am on Friday 22nd May.
You will have to book your slot online on their booking system here
Each slot will be a 20 minute time slot and you will not be allowed into the centre if you do not have a slot pre-booked.
This booking system will be able to control the number of vehicles to a maximum of ten in Briton Ferry and three in Cymmer at any one time and you will need to provide proof of residency on your arrival.
New Guidelines for Waste and Recycling Centres
- These are the New Guidelines for anyone visiting the Waste and Recycling Centres in Neath Port Talbot when they re-open.
- You will be expected to respect the staff whilst on or waiting to access the site, everyone is finding things difficult at this time and staff are just complying with rules put in place to keep everyone safe.
- Only one person per vehicle will be allowed as a general rule but if that’s not possible, only one person should exit the vehicle while on site. Staff will help residents by providing direction and advice (in line with social distancing guidance) and residents will need to unload their own vehicles i.e. staff will not be able to help with unloading.
- Parking bays will be closed off on an alternating basis to prevent site-users from parking next to each other to achieve social distancing.
- Only cars, MPVs and 4x4s to be allowed on site. No trailers will allowed on site and the permit scheme for vans or trailers will not, initially, be re-introduced – no vans or trailers will be allowed on site. This will help speed up access to the sites.
- Extra signage and barriers will be in place to help enforce social distancing.
- The Re-use Shop will remain closed until the removal of restrictions on the opening of non-essential retail shops.
Along with regular cleaning of ‘touch points’, Waste and Recycling Centres sites will be cleansed during and at the end of each day including walkways, handrails etc.
Powys Lower Cwmtwrch Waste and Recycling Centre
Neath Port Talbot residents in the Swansea Valley area will be able to use the Waste and Recycling Centre at Lower Cwmtwrch
Powys will also be re-opening their Waste and Recycling Centres from Tuesday 26th May for essential use only and they will also have new similar guidelines in place to ensure social distancing is observed at all times.
Powys Council are not requesting you pre-book a slot online, however each car will have a limit of 10 minutes to drop off their waste, so you are being asked to segregate waste before you arrive.
It is anticipated that the Waste and Recycling Centre will be busy so expect to queue patiently staying in your car at all times and you will need to provide proof of residency on your arrival.