After the huge success of last years Carmarthen River Festival....it’s back bigger and better for 2019 with plenty of family fun
Coracles have been used to fish the River Towy in Carmarthen for generations. Each year, coracle races are held to celebrate their Welsh heritage and help secure this old tradition, which unfortunately is in threat of dying out. Exact times of the races will be confirmed soon.
Coracle lessons will be available, cash prizes for the winners of the races and the Novice Race will welcome any beginners.
Carmarthen Round Table for organising a FREE Funfair at the Carmarthen River Festival on Carmarthen's Quayside.
Wet-Side Activities Include:
- 2-4pm - FREE Coracle and Kayak Taster Sessions (Registration for Inflatable Races opens £2 per person)
- 2-6pm FREE Funfair, Seafood Demonstration, Climbing Wall, Children's Area, stalls and refreshment stands
- 4.00pm - Display from Ferryside Lifeboat
- 4.15pm - Come and meet Glansteffan, the UKs first amphibious Ferry Boat from Carmarthen Bay Ferries
- 4.30pm - Coracle Races (races for all abilities)
- 4.50pm - Carmarthen Rowing Boat Race
- 5.00pm - Raft Race
- 5.30pm - Welsh National Inflatable Sprint Championships Early bird tickets now on sale Here
- 6pm Prize giving followed by a candle remembrance
Dry-side Activities Include:
- FREE Fun Fair kindly organised by Carmarthen Round Table
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Music and Entertainment
- Children's Area
- Various Food, Refreshments and Ice Cream Stalls
Water safety at the Carmarthen River Festival is a priority:
- All entrants must have a suitable life jacket / buoyancy aid according to their age/weight. Life jackets will be available on the day, but as this will be a popular event and to avoid disappointment, it would be advisable to come prepared.
- All entrants must wear suitable footwear as it will be muddy entering and exiting the water.
- Children are permitted to enter this event but MUST be accompanied by an adult - the child must wear a suitable life jacket / buoyancy aid for their age/weight.
- Safety on the river is paramount. Our safety officers will make the decision for you to enter the river. If for any reason, they feel a person does not meet with the safety guidelines, the safety officers have the right to refuse entry. The safety officer’s decision is final.
- Don't forget a change of clothes and a towel and don't wear your best trainers as they may not turn up in Ferryside on the next tide!!!!!
1pm until 6pm
FREE to attend and £1 entry fee per raft in some races if bought in advance £2 on the day
Looking for more Fun Family Friendly Events and Activities that are on Now or Coming Soon - Then Visit Our What’s On in West Wales Page