Take the Family on an awesome day out in Swansea to witness some skills in the air, at the 2018 Wales Airshow.
At the Wales Airshow you will see breathtaking aerobatic displays, state-of-the-art aircraft and vintage planes from the past will again be thrilling hundreds of thousands of visitors in the skies above Swansea this summer. There will also be entertainment on the ground and refreshments.
This year’s show will be helping commemorate the centenaries of the Royal Airforce Force (RAF) and the end of World War I
Its confirm that the RAF Red Arrows will be returning for the Wales Airshow 2018! – Also the RAF’S Typhoon Display Team are confirmed, Flying out of RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire, the Typhoon costs around £80m and is one of the world’s most advanced fighter planes. It’s so complex a machine that it can’t be flown by a human alone, it needs on-board computer back-up.
Announced for the line-up so far…
- RAF Typhoon Eurofighter sponsored by Virgin Atlantic
- RAF Red Arrows Saturday 17:15 and Sunday 12:00
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- P-51 Mustang (replacing the Catalina Flying Boat)
- The Aerosuperbatics Wing Walkers
- RAF Chinook
- Lauren Wilson – Pitts Special
- Team Raven
- RAF Tutor
- The Gyro Air Display Team
- RNHF Sea Fury
- Falcons Parachute Display Team
- Tigers Parachute Display Team
- Richard Goodwin – Aerobatic Sporting Biplane
- The Bremont Great War Team
Timings are approximate and are subject to operational changes:
Saturday 30 June
10.00am – 6.00pm Ground displays
12.30pm – 5.35pm Air displays
Sunday 1 July
10.00am – 6.00pm Ground displays
12.00pm – 4.40pm Air displays
Road Closures, Traffic Diversions and Parking Restrictions
- Oystermouth Road from its junction with West Way through to Mumbles Road at the junction with Sketty Lane will be closed in both directions from approximately 10am on Friday, June 29. The road will re-open temporarily from 3pm to approximately 7pm for westbound traffic only using the eastbound section of Oystermouth Road. Once closed at 7pm Oystermouth Road will remain closed until 6am on Monday, July 2 – Diversions will be in place
- Vehicles will not be able to enter /exit onto Oystermouth Road from St Helen’s Road, Bond Street or Beach Street between 10am on June 29 and 6am on July 2.
- Access to the Marina for residents will be maintained via Dunvant Place
- Access to Argyle Street for residents will be maintained using a short diversion via the Civic Centre.
- Parking restrictions and a tow away zone on Oystermouth Road from 10am on Friday (29/06/18) until 6am on Monday (02/07/18)
A number of bus routes including the 4, 4A, 8 and 14 will be affected, but First Cymru are running alternative routes. You can find full information on these changes on the First Cymru website here
On the Map below you can all the Car Park Locations and Daily Costs, four of them you can book your space in advance that is The Recreation Ground, Civic Centre, Paxton Street and King George V Playing Fields Click Here to book them online, all the others you just pay on arrival.
Park and Ride
New for 2018 is the introduction of a Park and Ride service just for Airshow visitors which will be operating all weekend. The service will run from the Swansea Bay Studios Car Park on Fabian Way on the entrance to Swansea, dropping off and picking up at The Civic Centre and the journey from the park and ride site to the event is approximately 20 minutes, so make sure you leave enough time.
Bay Studios Park and Ride
Cost per vehicle – £6 (plus booking fee) Book Online Here
Postcode – SA1 8PZ
Car park surface – Tarmac
Open from – 8.30am
Closes – 7.30pm
Of course, the usual Landore Park & Ride and Fabian Way Park & Ride will also be operating their usual weekly service, running to and from the city centre.