- Start Date: 14-10-2018
- End Date: 14-10-2018
Bring your Family along to the 7th annual Fungus Day at the National Botanic Garden of Wales.
Our 7th annual Fungus Day promises a mix of science, fun, art and magic that will appeal to anyone curious about these most fascinating, and mysterious lifeforms.
The event includes:
- Guided walks and talks about fungi in meadows, flower beds, lawns and woods
- Tony’s Table– a cornucopia of fresh fungal fruiting bodies
- Fungi and fairy-inspired ballet with Llangain Youth Ballet
- Find out what fungi you can eat, and what you really shouldn’t eat
- Specialist walk to look at fungus causing ash dieback
- The Fairy Wood Trail – look for signs of fairies deep within our fungi-rich Fairy Wood and post a letter to the fairies in the fairy village
- Display of the Roy Watling fungi library
- Displays of fungi-inspired textiles, art and illustrations
- Lots of fungi and fairy-inspired family activities
- Stalls selling fairy and fungi bits and bobs
Admission is free to anyone dressed as an elf or fairy!
- Fascinated with Fungi with Pat O’Reilly
- Fairy Woods with Pat O’Reilly
- Waxcap Meadows with David Mitchel
- Fungi and Ash Dieback with Matt Coombes of Forest Research
All walks start from the western entrance of the Great Glasshouse.
National Botanic Garden of Wales
T: 01558 667149
W: Click Here to Visit
8am until 1pm
Concessions: Seniors/ Disabled/ Students £9.00
Children (5-16) £5.00
Families (2 Adults & up to 4 children) £30.00
Single Parent Family (1 Adult & up to 4 children) £20.00
Looking for more Fun Family Friendly Events and Activities that are on Now or Coming Soon - Click Here to Visit Our What’s On Page