- Start Date: 23-06-2018
- End Date: 23-06-2018
It is the Year of the Sea....so come and enjoy this free family day out with crazy Kayaks, racing rafts and cool coracles on the River Towy
Coracles have been used to fish the River Towy in Carmarthen for generations. Each year, coracle races are held to celebrate their Welsh heritage and help secure this old tradition, which unfortunately is in threat of dying out. Exact times of the races will be confirmed soon.
Coracle lessons will be available, cash prizes for the winners of the races and the Novice Race will welcome any beginners.
Carmarthen Round Table for organising a FREE Funfair at the Carmarthen River Festival on Carmarthen's Quayside.
There will be Pebble Fun with Carmarthen Rocks between 1pm and 5pm which is FREE. Also there have been 8 Water Safety Rocks which have been hidden in and around Carmarthen and anyone finding one of these sparkly rocks can exchange it for a Water Safety goodie-bag.
This year the Carmarthen River Festival will feature the Welsh National Inflatable Championships and you can find out more about this race Here
Water safety at the Carmarthen River Festival is a priority:
- All entrants must have a suitable life jacket / buoyancy aid according to their age/weight. Life jackets will be available on the day, but as this will be a popular event and to avoid disappointment, it would be advisable to come prepared.
- All entrants must wear suitable footwear as it will be muddy entering and exiting the water.
- Children are permitted to enter this event but MUST be accompanied by an adult - the child must wear a suitable life jacket / buoyancy aid for their age/weight.
- Safety on the river is paramount. Our safety officers will make the decision for you to enter the river. If for any reason, they feel a person does not meet with the safety guidelines, the safety officers have the right to refuse entry. The safety officer’s decision is final.
- Don't forget a change of clothes and a towel and don't wear your best trainers as they may not turn up in Ferryside on the next tide!!!!!
1pm until 6pm
1.30pm until 2.30pm is Raft Check in
FREE to attend and £1 entry fee per raft in some races
Looking for more Fun Family Friendly Events and Activities that are on Now or Coming Soon - Click Here to Visit Our What’s On Page