- Start Date: 23-11-2018
- End Date: 23-11-2018
Llanelli Christmas Carnival and official Christmas Light Switch-on is Carmarthenshire's largest community event and great fun for all the family.
15,000 people celebrate the start of the Christmas period with a huge carnival parade from Festival Fields out by the Coleg Sir Gar right into the town centre, entertainment, stalls, refreshments, aerial fireworks display, large funfair and switching on of the lights.
At 4pm there will be live entertainment and music begins including Jasmine from the X Factor and local acts John Baker, Luke Rees, Cor Lleisiau'r Llan and Grwp Gwerin Mansant with compére Mari Grug
During the day you can expect: -
- 10am Take part in the Christmas treasure hunt at Llanelli Library
- 12pm Cowell Street will closed for fun fair rides
- 4pm Big, small and scary Fun fair rides open with lots of side stalls plus selection of hot and cold refreshments (Kindly supported by South Wales Showman’s Guild) Street entertainment (various locations)
- 5pm Live entertainment and music begins including Jasmine from the X Factor and local acts John Baker, Luke Rees, Cor Lleisiau'r Llan and Grwp Gwerin Mansant with compére Mari Grug (main stage – Llanelli town Hall)
- 5.45pm Road closures in place for Church Street and side streets
- 6.15pm Carnival Parade leaves Festival Fields, Sandy Road
- 6.40pm Presentation to Christmas lights design winners (Main Stage) Kindly supported by Llanelli Chamber of Trade and Llanelli BID
- 6.45pm The BIG Christmas lights switch-on by the, the Chair of Llanelli Rural Council, Mayor of Llanelli Town Council and the Chair of Carmarthenshire County Council
- 7pm Arrival of carnival parade in Town Hall area Kindly organised by Llanelli Round Table
- 7.40pm Spectacular Firework Display commences (Town Hall Gardens)
- 8pm Outdoor market closes for the evening
- 8.15pm Carnival parade prize presentation (Main Stage)
- 9pm Fun fair closes
The Carnival Route
Road closures will affect the town centre from 12pm starting with the closure of Cowell Street, followed by other town centre roads from 5.30pm. Church Street, Town Hall Square and adjoining side streets will close to traffic at around 5.45pm, ahead of the carnival procession.
A rolling road block will be in place along the carnival route from 6.15pm, affecting the route into the town centre from Pwll, through the town centre, along Queen Victoria Road, Erw Road and Waunlanyrafon.
Traffic may be affected until around 8pm. Llanelli’s multi-storey car park will be open until 10pm.
4pm until 9pm
Looking for more Fun Family Friendly Events and Activities that are on Now or Coming Soon - Click Here to Visit Our What’s On Page