- Start Date: 19-10-2018
- End Date: 20-10-2018
Ymlaen Llanelli, Supported by Llanelli Town Council & Food & Drink Wales are organising the First Llanelli Food and Drink Festival this October.
Held over 2 consecutive days, in Llanelli Town Centre there will be a series of activities and will include local produce and artisan food stalls, street food, cookery demonstrations, children’s activities, food trails and talks. The aim of the Llanelli Food and Drink Festival is to bring together food producers and artisans from Carmarthenshire and Wales to showcase some of our best chefs and the rich diversity of Food and Drink available locally and regionally.
What you can Expect
As part of the first ever Llanelli Town Centre Food Festival, four of our best restaurants are offering free tasters of their scrumptious dishes to a selection of customers on Friday,19th October.
Visit the Thomas Arms, Llanelly House, Ruby's Bar and Marzano's Caffe Bar, sample some of the delicious food (and of course have a drink or two), get your loyalty card stamped in each and you will be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 voucher to be spent at your favourite of the four restaurants! If you would like to take part, please message us or contact Mandy Jenkins on 07803 503972 to book your place.
Show Demo Kitchen
This will be located at St Elli Shopping Centre Pyramid Area (Outside Poundland)
- 10am - Big Welsh Breakfast
- 11am - #KeepItLocal
- 12noon - From the Market
- 1pm – Tasty Autumn Vegan Dish
- 2pm - Fish is the Dish
- 3pm - Mystery Bags Finale
Free Children Activities
Taking place in St Elli Shopping Centre Unit 18 (Opposite Peacocks!)
- 10am - Toddler Trail – FREE (Max number 10) – Come & join us for this ‘teeny tiny tasty tour’ – A Taste of Times Past will lead you on a journey to explore some of the local produce stalls in Llanelli market, then back at base where you will get to try some & experience the different flavours & textures of food.
- 11am – FREE Bread Making Workshop with a ‘Taste of Times Past’ (Max number 20) Learn the history of the humble loaf and how to make one of the oldest forms of bread – a Slipper Loaf. You will get to have a go at making flavoured dough… you will have to bake it at home though.
- 2.30pm – Learn to Churn… A butter churning workshop – FREE with a ‘Taste of Times Past’ Nothing beats the taste of freshly churned butter..! So come along and sample good Welsh butter & some organic bread made with flour from the mill.
- Flour Milling with the Gower Heritage Centre – on going through-out the day.
Live Stage and Food Stalls
Located outside in the pedestrianised area, there will be food stalls to browse and try samples and the Live stage entertainment and Music will start around 12noon
Llanelli Town Centre
Food Trial on Friday 6.30pm until 9pm
Saturday Activities from 10am and Live Stage from 12noon
Looking for more Fun Family Friendly Events and Activities that are on Now or Coming Soon - Click Here to Visit Our What’s On Page