- Start Date: 16-06-2019
- End Date: 16-06-2019
Spend the day in the woods with your Dad learning Bushcraft this Father’s Day at Denmark Farm Conservation Centre
If you are aged between 6 and 16 years and want to re-wild Your Dad, this is your opportunity to
Re-wild Dad and Child includes:
- Light a fire using flint and steel and work together to use the bow and drill
- Build your own weather proof shelter, which will be put to the test!
- Have a walk through the woods to learn about the trees and plants
- Dad’s VS children at capture the flag, but not until we are all painted up with natural pigments
- Cook yummy campfire snacks, such as, popcorn, hazel leaf cake parcels and nettle crisps
- Enjoy a cooked lunch around the fire (spaghetti bolognaise – we can do a veggie one as long as we know in advance
- And more!
Dads don’t forget to have breakfast in bed before your re-wild day in the woods!
Tutor: Ryan Knight-Fox
Ryan is an experienced tutor, having been involved in Forest School for the last 2 years and having now set up his own successful Forest School ‘Knight-Fox Wild About Learning’. He is an Ecologist, Social Forester, Forest School Leader, Coastal School Leader and he has completed his IOL Bushcraft Leader training. Assisting on the day is Cathryn Knight-Fox, co-owner of Knight-Fox Wild About Learning.
There will be maximum of 10 Dad and child pairs and places must be booked in advance. In 2018 this event sold out very fast so we recommend booking early to guarantee a place.
Advance Booking is Required
Denmark Farm Conservation Centre
T: 01570 493358
W: Click Here to Visit
11am until 5pm
£55 for one child and their Dad (Includes drinks, snacks and hot lunch)
Ideally we’d like Dads to attend with one child (aged 6-16 years). Depending on numbers of bookings taken there may be an option for Dads to bring an additional child for a charge of £25.
Looking for more Fun Family Friendly Events and Activities that are on Now or Coming Soon - Click Here to Visit Our What’s On Page