Winter Chocolate Crinkle Biscuits Recipe
This quick Winter Chocolate Crinkle Biscuit Recipe will definitely as a Festive Feel to your Family home as you bake together with the Kids over Christmas.
If you are looking for an easy to make fun snack to make with the kids over the school holidays that also has a Wintery theme to it then this Winter Chocolate Crinkle Biscuits Recipe will tick all the boxes for you. This recipe will make around 30 large biscuits.
Ingredients for the Winter Chocolate Crinkle Biscuits
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 60ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 180g Plain Flour
- 60g Icing Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
What Else you Will Need to Make these Winter Chocolate Crinkle Biscuits
- Weighing Scales
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Electric Whisk, we recently upgraded ours and got it from Amazon here
- Baking Paper
- Oven Baking Tray
- Wire Rack (Ideally but not essential)
Method to Make Winter Chocolate Crinkle Biscuits
- First off you need to sieve the cocoa powder into a mixing bowl
- Then mix in the caster sugar and oil and one egg. Whisk the ingredients together before then adding the second egg and whist again until all combined.
- Then mix the flour, a pinch of salt and the baking powder into this mixture and whisk until it forms a soft to touch dough.
- Place your dough into the fridge for around an hour
- Once your dough is chilled, pre heat your oven to 190 °C/ 170 °C Fan / Gas 5
- Pour the icing sugar into a small bowl and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a spoon scoop out some dough and suing your hands roll into a ball.
- Roll your little ball of dough into the icing sugar and place on your baking tray making sure you leave a good bit of space between each biscuit so they can spread out while cooking.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, they will be a bit soft and bouncy when they come out, but they get harder as they cool.
- Leave on the tray to cool until moving them to the wire rack.
These biscuits are yummy one their own, but as a treat the kids love mixing their into some vanilla ice cream.