How to Make Halloween Harbio Witch Cookies
This Halloween if you are looking for some fun looking treats for the kids and your party guests to enjoy then why not check out what we have been making with our Halloween Edition of Haribo Monster Zing Sweets
This Limited Edition Monster Zing pack has a bewitching blackcurrant witch chew, a goolish apple frankenstein chew, a spooky lemon ghost chew and a blood orange vampire chew in it and they are all so yummy.
Kids and adults all loved these sweet and sour spooky chews. We have been getting creative in the kitchen with the kids and all our Bewitching Blackcurrant Halloween Limited Edition Haribo Monster Zing sweets so we thought we would share our recipe so you can enjoy making them too.
Weird, coloured biscuits are a norm at our Halloween House Parties, so it was a given that we had to make at least one green cookie, but we decided to add some yummy flavour so we added Haribo.
What you will need to make these Halloween Haribo Witch Cookies: –
- 1 Large Egg
- 130g Unsalted butter
- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- Few Drops of Lime Flavouring
- Green Food Colouring
- All the Haribo’s bewitching blackcurrant from your Monster Zing packet
- Electric Whisk or Mixer
- Weighing Scales
- Greaseproof Paper
- Cookie Cutters
How to Make Halloween Haribo Witch Cookies
- Place greaseproof paper onto a baking tray ready and preheat your oven to 180 °C / Gas Mark 4
- Put the unsalted butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and mix together using an electric hand-held whisk until you have a light and fluffy mixture.
- Add the beaten egg, mix well then add the flour and keep mixing until you get a stiff cookie dough.
- Add green food colouring to your mix until enough that you are happy with the colour (note they will get a bit lighter when you cook them)
- Roll the dough out and using the cookie cutter, cut out enough so you have them in pairs, one for top and one for bottom. Then using a Witch hat cutter cut out the middle of only the top cookies.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10mins. Once finished let cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies have cooled make the filling. To do this you place all the Haribo’s bewitching blackcurrant from your Monster Zing packet in a pan and heat slowly on the hob until they all melt. Keep stirring and once ready you need to work quick, pour the melted Haribo onto the base of the cookies, then place the witch hat cut cookie on top. The Haribo mixture will harden fast, so you have to be quick.
Hope you enjoy making them as much as we did, for more Halloween recipes why not check out our Halloween Food Section