Make the Best Black Forest FreakShake with Shaken Udder
If your kids are lovers of milkshakes, then we have a fab recipe for you to treat them with a crazily delicious Black Forest Freakshake with Shaken Udder Milkshakes.
You might already be familiar with Shaken Udder drinks from the UK based milkshake company as to be fair they are sold in many stores, however if you are like us, we are new to learn about them and all the drinks in their range, but we have recently been sent some to try in return for us sharing our honest thought with our readers.
Shaken Udder Milkshakes
Shaken Udder Milkshakes are the baby of UK Husband and Wife duo Howie and Jodie. Starting its journey selling at festivals back in 2004, it has grown to be much more available to families as they are stocked in many supermarkets.
The full range of Shaken Udder Milkshakes includes some yummy flavours such as:
- Salted Caramel
- Strawberries and Clotted Cream
- Ooh La Latte
They also do two Dairy Free shakes in flavours Chocolate and Strawberry and here at West Wales Family Life a lot of us are lovers of non-dairy products and we have to say this Shaken Udder Chocolate drink is by far our most favourite that we have come across.
Also, part of the Shaken Udder range is little carton milkshakes in Chocolate and Strawberry flavour which are perfectly sized for ickle hands
Perfect Milkshake for Kids Lunch Boxes
These cartons are also just the right size to fit into your kids lunch box, making them ideal to take to school or on family picnics.
Like all the Shaken Udder Milkshakes these cartons are filled with fresh British milk which is flavoured with real fruit or Belgian chocolate. They make a great source of calcium and protein for your child and worry free for parents as they don’t have any artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives in them and best of all they are even school approved as they contain less than 5% sugar in them.
Where To Get Your Family Some Shaken Udder Milkshakes
As we mentioned Shaken Udder milkshakes are easy to find in your local shops such as Marks and Spencer’s, Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons, Co-op, Boots, Asda, Waitrose and of course directly via the Shaken Udder website and price wise you are looking at under a £1 for the kid’s cartons, £1 odd for the 330ml bottles and £2 odd for the 750ml bottles so they are family affordable as well as delicious.
How to Make a Black Forest FreakShake with Shaken Udder
Ok, as nice as it so sip on a cold yummy milkshake, why stop there! We spotted this Black Forest FreakShake recipe on the Shaken Udder website and just had to try make it for the kids and after the kids loved them so much, we thought we just had to share it with you. So, this is how you make one…
What You Need to Make a Black Forest FreakShake
- 150g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp chocolate ball sprinkles
- 4 tbsp cherry compote
- 2 x 330ml bottles of Chocolush! Belgian chocolate milkshake
- Whipped cream
- 4 mini chocolate doughnuts (we couldn’t find any so used mini chocolate rolls instead)
- 2 fresh cherries
- Assorted chocolate bars
- Tall glass and paper straw.
How to Make a Black Forest FreakShake
- First off you should pop your glass in the freezer to get it nice and chilled.
- Then you will need to make a chocolate drip. You do this by melting your chocolate either in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water or by using the microwave, and once melted leave it cool a little before moving to next step
- Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly get your chilled glass and pour the chocolate down the inside sides of the glass. Don’t let it drip too fast down the sides, if this happens just tilt the glass to the side, then as soon as this is done pop the glass back into the freezer for the chocolate drip to set.
- After the chocolate has set in the freezer, dip the rim of the glass into some melted chocolate and scatter the chocolate ball sprinkles over it.
- Next drop 2 tbsp of cherry compote into the bottom of the glass and pour in the cold Shaken Udder’s Chocolush! Belgian chocolate milkshake.
- This is when you get to be creative with the kids and decorate the top of your drink. Start off with topping the milkshake with whipped cream, and then decorate with all the chocolate you have. You can pop your straw in and place the mini doughnuts over them, however we couldn’t find any so we improvised and used a mini chocolate roll, chopped it in half and pushed the straw through.
- We topped ours with crumbled chocolate and of course don’t forget to place some fresh cherries on top to complete the Black Forest vibe.
On the Shaken Udder website, you will actually find more recipes for yummy treats using their Shaken Udder Milkshakes, so there is no need to stop with just this creation.
Would We Recommend Shaken Udder to your Family?
We passed these Shaken Udder Milkshakes around to everyone to taste and everyone loved them, no artificial or sweet after taste and no chalkiness with the dairy free ones. The kids especially loved the Banana and Strawberries and Clotted Cream ones and the have already ear marked a few other recipes to try and make from the Shaken Udder website including the Vanilla Fudge one.
Have to say aside from the yummy taste of these milkshakes, we have totally fallen in love with the Shaken Udder company ethics in how they are trying to be as sustainable as possible.
So, for example all their bottles are fully recyclable, their carton for the kids is made from FSC Certified cardboard and also recyclable. With the milk being used only from British farms it means less miles are travelled from farm to factory and their offices are even run off electricity powered by solar panels.
So Yes, Yes, Yes we would recommend if your family is a lover of milkshakes you should gives these a try as we are sure you will enjoy them as much as we did.