You and your Family can Join Ammanford Library in Carmarthenshire for Free and you can borrow up to 20 books for up to 21 days. You will also be able to borrow DVDs & Blu Rays, CDs, online services, newspapers and magazines.
If you live, work or study in Carmarthenshire you can become a member of any of the libraries in Carmarthenshire.
3 Wind Street
T: 01269 598360
E: [email protected]
Monday, 9am until 7pm
Tuesday, 9am until 6pm
Wednesday, 9am until 6pm
Thursday, 9am until 7pm
Friday, 9am until 6pm
Saturday, 9am until 5pm
Facilities Available at this Library
- Books including a wide selection of large print titles and talking books
- Reference resources – extensive local history collection, directories, yearbooks, specialist publications
- Free access to Family History resources such as Ancestry.
- DVDs and CDs for hire
- Public access computers – free internet access, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), save to USB
- Access to Learndirect computer-based learning
- Free public Wi-Fi hotspot
- Printing and photocopying facility
- Plasma Screen
- Public toilets
- Three large function rooms available for hire as function room, exhibition room or meetings
- PlayStation 4 and a choice of games
Library membership is free and there is no cost to borrow books, use computers nor to use any reference resources.
Music CDs are £1 per CD and its £2 to borrow per DVD or Box Sets
How to Join
To apply to join your local library in Carmarthenshire all you need to do is complete a membership form in the library and show something that has your name and address on it.
You can also join online but you will need to bring identification into your local library before your account can be fully activated. When you’re doing this ask for a PIN and you will be able to reserve and renew items online.
All children under 16 will need their parent’s signature on the joining form and will also need their permission to use the computers in the libraries.